- Bone marrow, not fat for stem cells.
- The FDA made a clear directive against using fat as a source of stem cells to inject in the low back or into joints. Chiropractors and others are often using fat, and they learned or were licensed in the technique from a company that is being sued by the FDA.
- Dr. Cosgrove uses bone marrow cells, not fat. That’s how they do it at Mayo Clinic. That’s how they do it at Cleveland Clinic. And that’s how we do it here. Except we provide even more for less cost. Here’s why:
- Comfort. We use conscious sedation, so you’re “out” for a few minutes. The “harvest” of stem cells is virtually pain free. There are no large bruises like one gets with harvest from fat. We have an anesthesiologist, and we are certified by IMQ to use sedation medications.
- CT-guided injection with a photograph of needle placement so we all know exactly where it went, accurate to within one millimeter. Blind injection or ultrasound is not in the same league. Ask a radiologist.
- Research, and counting the cells.
- Dr. Cosgrove uses a dedicated laboratory on site with a hood, and a cell counting technique that costs tens of thousands of dollars, but delivers accurate information: how many cells, how many platelets? How many monocytes? It matters. We want to know exactly.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB). Dr. Cosgrove is submitting an application to receive an IRB through Western IRB, so that each patient evaluation and each injection is monitored exactly, and we can share those results with other medical scientists.
- Save over $3,000. We charge $6900*. That includes CT guided injections and includes comfort with conscious sedation and complete monitoring.
Call us. Let’s do it right. 760-777-7698
*Starting price of $6,900, restrictions apply, multiple treatment areas may result in additional fees.